miércoles, 22 de octubre de 2008

"The Pit and the Pendulum" Opinion

Well, as other Poe's stories I've read before, I loved this story a lot. At first, when the narrator was in his darkened dungeon, I was a little confused because he stared describing the walls in his cell, suddenly he started measuring them, then he was talking about the noises he was hearing and, whenhe fell down, he described what he could feel from the pit. The part I liked the most was when he was a about to be split in half by the pendulum, sincerely I thought he was not going to escape because the pendulum was so close to his body that any mistaken movement would finish him forever, personally I feared the most everytime he said he raised his head because I thought the the pendulum was coming towards his head and it would slice his skull. The final part where he is about to be crushed by the walls and he has no other option than throwing himself into the pit was, as I had mentioned before, a desperate attempt form his tortures to finish him at once. Generally speaking, it is a great story, with an excellent narrative, which is characteristic in Poe's works. I really enjoyed this story because there are parts of the story where you feel you're in the dungeon with the narrator, especially when he describes his despair and fear towards the pendulum.


Playlistz



Campus-Vampire Weekend
La Noche de la Barracuda-Fenómeno Fuzz
Jezebel(bt mix)-Noisuf X
Starfire-DRagonforce
A Dead Song-Lydia Lunch & The Bithday Party
Rock & Roll-Los Implantes

No hay comentarios: